For international students, the multiculturally and professionally diverse staff at Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) can attend to the specific concerns you might be experiencing while you are at UNL and away from home.
Some common reasons to seek counseling may be:
- Dealing with changes or stress in your life (e.g., moving to a different country)
- Finding productive ways to adjust to a new culture
- Discovering ways to blend American culture with your own
- Coping with culture shock (e.g., homesickness, desire to avoid social events, physical concerns and sleep disturbances, difficulties with course work and concentration)
- Feeling out of control of emotions such as sadness, loneliness, depression or anger
- Difficulty with building strong relationships with people
- Deciding which way you need to go in your professional development
- Dealing with anxiety or depression
- Healing from significant loss or trauma
To make an appointment:
Call 402 472-7450 to schedule an appointment Monday to Friday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
For students with StudentBlue Student Health Insurance, counseling and psychological services are 100% covered.
For all students who have paid student fees, there is no charge for the first four counseling sessions per academic lifetime.