For international students, the multiculturally and professionally diverse staff at Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) can attend to the specific concerns you might be experiencing while you are away from home.
Some common reasons to seek counseling may be:
- Dealing with changes or stress in your life (e.g., moving to a different country)
- Finding productive ways to adjust to a new culture
- Discovering ways to blend American culture with your own
- Coping with culture shock (e.g., homesickness, desire to avoid social events, physical concerns and sleep disturbances, difficulties with course work and concentration)
- Feeling your emotions are out of control
- Difficulty building strong relationships
- Guidance in your professional development
- Anxiety or depression
- Healing from loss/trauma
- Alcohol and drug concerns
To make an appointment:
Call 402 472-5000 to schedule an appointment Monday to Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
For students with UnitedHealthcare StudentResources, counseling and psychological services are 100 percent covered.
For all students who have paid student fees, there is no charge for the first four counseling sessions per academic lifetime. Some restrictions may apply.