J-1 Check-In and Orientation
J-1 CHECK-IN (required for all J-1 scholars)
You may check-in at ISSO at 10am Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Friday. Please bring the following documents:
- DS-2019 form
- letter of job offer at UNL(if applicable)
- local address
The check-in process will take 15-20 minutes. If you have a spouse or children with you in the U.S., please bring their paperwork also.
J-1 orientation is held the first Monday of each month at 4:00pm.
It is required to complete a check-in prior to participating in orientation. Please notify ISSO if you plan to attend the upcoming session. ISSO reserves the right to change the orientation date and time should schedule conflicts arise.
H-1B Orientations are held on the first Thursday of each month at 3:00pm.
Please notify ISSO if you plan to attend the upcoming session. ISSO reserves the right to change the orientation date and time should schedule conflicts arise.
Other Important Tasks
- Update your local address!
- Postdoctoral Scholars: Complete the Postdoc Arrival Checklist.
- J-1 visa holders: Speak with an ISS Specialist before beginning any employment duties!
- Provide ISSO with proof of insurance (cards or certificates) and complete the Exchange Visitor Health Insurance Certification Form.
- If you are a university employee, attend New Employee Orientation.
- Speak with your department secretary and your supervisor about any other requirements upon your arrival.