Payment Options

If you would like to pay your bill in person go to the Bursar’s Office located in Room 121 of the Canfield Administration Building between the hours of 8:00 am-5:00 pm Monday through Friday. There is a payment box outside of the entrance to the Bursar’s office where you can leave your payment.

Please make sure that your name and student ID number are included with your payment. You may also go inside the office and submit your payment directly to a cashier at the desk.

Please note: If you are paying your bill in cash, you must go inside the bursar’s office and speak directly to a cashier.

Bursars Office

Paying Online

You can submit your payment online in the MyRed system at any time. There are 3 payment options available on MyRed:

  • Online Check: When you choose this option you will need to enter information from one of your checks into the system. You will need your bank’s routing number and your bank account number, both which can be found on the bottom of one of your checks. 
  • Credit Card: When you choose this option you will enter the numbers from your credit card into the system. Please note that a 2.75% nonrefundable convenience fee will be added to all credit card payments.
  • Foreign Currency Payment: When you select this option you must follow the instructions. After clicking the “submit payment” button, a PDF document will open with “Payment Instructions” for your bank. You must deliver the payment instructions to your bank within 72 hours, as the quoted exchange rate will be valid for only 72 hours. Your foreign bank will then transfer funds using Western Union to the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. For more information about paying your bill with foreign currency click HERE.

More information about paying online in MyRed

Click here for info on paying your bill with foreign currency

Penalties for Late Payments

Please note that there will be penalties if your Student Account becomes delinquent. An account becomes delinquent when it is not paid in full by the due date (the 12th day of the month). The penalties for students with delinquent accounts are listed below:

  • Each month a student's account is delinquent, the student will be charged a $20.00 late payment fee.
  • A student with a delinquent account will have a "HOLD" placed on their account. A hold means that the student will not be able to receive copies of their transcript, will not be able to register for courses or change their course schedule, and will not be able to graduate or receive their diploma until their account has been paid in full.  
  • If you live in University Housing and you have a delinquent account, the eviction process will begin. This means that you will be removed from University Housing.
  • If you own a car and have received a parking ticket on campus, your car may be towed if you have a delinquent student account.
  • If you have a delinquent account, you will not be able to use your NCard or Telecommunications services.
  • If you have a delinquent account, you will be unable to access the University Recreation Center, unable to attend campus events or activities using your NCard, and unable to receive student discounts.

If you would like more details about how to take a hold off of your account, please click HERE.

Sponsorship Students

If all or part of your educational expenses are being paid by an embassy, agency, or company you can choose to have these expenses billed through the Student Accounts Third Party Billing process. You must bring written agreement to pay from the sponsor to the Office of Student Accounts. Student Accounts must also have your written permission to release your billing information to your sponsor. If possible, please use the forms from the Student Accounts website when completing these requirements, which can be found HERE. You will also find more information about sponsorship billing HERE.

Using your Ncard as a form of payment:

At the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, your NCard can work as a form of payment at many locations on city and east campus. You must first obtain an NCard, and then open your NCard Campus Account online HERE. After you have activated your account, you may use your NCard as a form of payment. Click HERE for a list of locations on city and east campus that accept NCard as a form of payment. Purchases made on your NCard will appear on your monthly consolidated bill. You can view and pay for these purchases in the Student Account section of your MyRed.

A note to IEP students:

International students in the Intensive English program should note that there are restrictions on their NCard and Student Account. Students in the Intensive English Program are not able to make purchases using their NCard and are also not eligible to pay their telecommunications bill through their Student Account.