Last Updated: 8/18/2020
Important Resources On Campus:
- Test Nebraska is now offering Free COVID-19 testing to the campus community: https://news.unl.edu/newsrooms/today/article/free-covid-19-testing-available-to-campus-community/
- Find campus news related to COVID-19 to help you navigate campus during a global pandemic: https://news.unl.edu/newsrooms/today/article/covid-19-digest-testing-quarantines-and-training/
- Campus health services - University Health Center: 402-472-5000
- Mental Health support - Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS): 402-472-7450
- Individualized academic and personal support - Student Advocacy and Support: 402-472-7030
- Well-being support - Big Red Resilience & Well-Being: 402-472-8770
- Emergency: Call 911
Information about Canvas:
Here are some steps you can take right now to make sure you are ready for classes moving to a remote access format on March 30.
- Begin checking Canvas and your @huskers.unl.edu email regularly for messages about your courses. Turn on Canvas notifications.
- Make sure you have access to the Internet and have sufficient bandwidth both on and off campus. If you don't, think about other locations where you can access your course materials on the Internet and download them to a thumb drive. If you do not have an adequate connection to the internet, you can contact your local Nebraska Extension Office to inquire about access. Local libraries may also offer internet access. Charter Communications is offering free Spectrum WiFi for 60 days to students impacted by changes caused by COVID-19. Installation fees will be waived for new student households. Call 1-844-488-8395 for more information.
- Make sure you have access to programs you need to do your work, including email, Office 365, and Canvas. If you are using a phone or tablet to access course materials download the Canvas app.
- Huskertech has laptops available for checkout on a first-come-first-served basis at all of its locations.
- Check the Student Remote Access Quickstart Guide for more information.
- Classroom accommodations may need to be adjusted or adapted for a remote access environment. Please contact Services for Students with Disabilities to discuss any adjustments that may need to be made.
ESL Support Lab - Virtual Appointments:
The ESL Support Lab is a free service offered by Programs in English as a Second Language to all international students at the university who need language-related assistance. If you need English Language Support Services, sign up for a virtual appointment using this link
Information about Academic Success Coaching:
Academic Success Coaches from the Center for Academic Success and Transition Office (CAST) are available to help students transition to learning in the online-only environment. Students may sign up to connect with coaches on Zoom, Skype, phone, email, and text messaging. Please make appointments via MyPLAN, by calling 402-472-1880, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
CAST 2 Week Prep PDF https://teaching.unl.edu/keep-learning/
Health and Wellbeing:
University Health Center:
If you are concerned you have COVID-19, you have two options:
- Complete an E-visit on the Nebraska Medicine app (An active One Chart | Patient account is required).
- Call the University Health Center at 402.472.5000 to make an appointment. Walk-ins are not accepted at this time.
Follow these steps from the CDC to help protect other people in your home and community.
Adjusted Building Hours and Operations
- Until further notice, University Health Center building hours will be Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. We will be closed on Saturdays and Sundays.
- To best serve the needs of the campus community, our focus will be providing care for immediate needs, but physicals and other wellness services are still available on a limited basis.
- The health center now offers telehealth home video visits through Zoom as a convenient appointment option for primary care, mental health medication, nutrition counseling and physical therapy services. Learn more.
For more information, please visit: https://health.unl.edu/welcome
Counseling and Psychological Services:
CAPS is closed for in-person visits. If you would like a remote (i.e., Zoom, phone) appointment or if you are in crisis, please call CAPS at (402) 472 -7450 between 8am-5pm for assistance.
After business hours: If you need to speak with our counselor on duty for your urgent needs or you are in crisis, please call (402) 472-7450 and Press 4. If you are in imminent danger to yourself or others, please call 911. Access resources to maintain mental wellbeing here: https://caps.unl.edu/2019-novel-coronavirus-and-covid-19-response
- Daily Guided Mindfulness - CAPS is offering a recurring, daily zoom meeting where students are invited to attend. The Zoom meeting will occur every weekday beginning at 2:00 pm CST. These sessions will be open for 30 minutes each day and will consist of a 15-20 minute mindfulness exercise followed by a 10 minute Q&A regarding wellness practices and CAPS services.
- Learn more here: https://events.unl.edu/caps/upcoming/
Big Red Resilience and Well Being:
Click here to learn more about the 9 dimensions of well-being and tips for success. Please email: email@example.com, or sign up here for a virtual well-being coaching appointment on zoom: https://resilience.unl.edu/request-well-being-coaching-appointment.
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln will make every effort to mitigate financial burdens created by this extraordinary situation. If you have incurred, or will incur, additional expenses or financial hardship, please contact the Husker Hub via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 402-472-2030.